Processing Fee - Waiver of the Exchange Visitor Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement
Important Notice - New Application Fees: Nonimmigrant and immigrant visa application fees for certain visa categories changed on September 12, 2014. All visa applicants must pay the fee amounts in effect on the day they pay, with the exception of Immigrant Visa application processing fees paid domestically to the National Visa Center (NVC), which will be effective as of the date of billing.
Fees that decreased are not refundable. If you paid a visa fee before September 12, 2014 and that fee decreased, we cannot give you a refund.
Fees that increased (nonimmigrant fees only): If you paid your visa fee before September 12, 2014, and your visa interview is on or after December 12, 2014, you will be required to pay the difference between the old and new fee amounts – no exceptions.
As part of your DS-3035 Application for Recommendation of a J-1 Waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement, also known as the foreign residence requirement, you must pay a processing fee of US$120.00.
THE PROCESSING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
A check or money order must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State and must include the following information:
- Your waiver case number, if known;
- Your full name;
- Your date and place of birth; and
- Your social security number, if you have one.
Important Information about Fee Payment
- Your check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States and must be made payable in U.S. currency to the U.S. Department of State.
- If you reside outside the United States at the time of application, payment may be made by a bank international money order or a foreign draft drawn on an institution in the United States and must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State in U.S. currency.
- You must submit your check or money order with your waiver application, as explained in Step 2 of the Instructions webpage for how to apply for a waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement. If you submit your fee payment without your application, it will be returned to you, and your application will not be processed.
- Additional fees are not required for any dependent J-2 spouse or children included on your waiver application.
Return to the Instructions