Processing Fee - Waiver of the Exchange Visitor Two-Year Home-Country Physical Presence Requirement
As part of your DS-3035 Application for Recommendation of a J-1 Waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement, also known as the foreign residence requirement, you must pay a processing fee of US$215.00.
THE PROCESSING FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE.
A check or money order must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State and must include the following information:
- Your waiver case number, if known;
- Your full name;
- Your date and place of birth; and
- Your social security number, if you have one.
Important Information about Fee Payment
- Your check or money order must be drawn on a bank or other institution located in the United States and must be made payable in U.S. currency to the U.S. Department of State.
- If you reside outside the United States at the time of application, payment may be made by a bank international money order or a foreign draft drawn on an institution in the United States and must be made payable to the U.S. Department of State in U.S. currency.
- You must submit your check or money order with your waiver application, as explained in Step 2 of the Instructions webpage for how to apply for a waiver of the two-year home-country physical presence requirement. If you submit your fee payment without your application, it will be returned to you, and your application will not be processed.
- Additional fees are not required for any dependent J-2 spouse or children included on your waiver application.
Return to the Instructions