Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Notification from the National Visa Center
The National Visa Center (NVC) schedules visa interviews for most U.S. Embassies and Consulates. The NVC also sends immigrant
visa case files, containing the petition and all forms and documents submitted by or on behalf of an applicant, to the U.S.
Embassy or Consulate where the applicant will be interviewed. Take the following actions after notification from the NVC that your interview has been scheduled:
- Carefully Review the information sent by the NVC noting the date, time, and location of your immigrant visa interview.
- Prepare for the Medical Examination.
- Ensure that all required Original Documents will be available at the time of the interview. Any documents that you submitted to the NVC will be transferred to the interviewing
- Obtain the required Photographs.
- Review the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General-specific Interview Guidelines.
- Review the Important Visa Interview Notices.
- Review the Immigrant Visa Interview Frequently Asked Questions.
NOTE: For information regarding how to obtain a social security number, please visit the Social Security Administration’s website.
Next Page >>